Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #78




This week's Friday Fill-Ins:

1. Birthdays are never mentioned on these premises. Shhhhhh!

2. Summer is my favorite season because it's more likely to be sunny in my part of the world. I'm afraid I'm a victim of raging Seasonal Affective Disorder.

3. I feel my best when the sun is shining. (See question #2.)

4. My Aunt Gussie's chicken and dumplings is my favorite food! Which is unfortunate, since my Aunt Gussie died in 1971. After that, my hubby's grilled salmon is Numero Uno.

5. First impressions are usually a good thing to rely on. And that makes me really worried about the current Presidential race.

6. The best piece of advice I ever received was "stay away from the steak and kidney pie" – I didn't listen and believe me, it was GOOD advice. Who knew it wasn't kidney BEANS they were talking about?

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting rid of this headache, tomorrow my plans include trying to get all the errands and shopping done in the rain that's predicted and Sunday, I want to (what else?) get some reading done!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I remember YOU telling ME to stay away from the steak/kidney pie. Actually, maybe that WAS the best advice I ever got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha - I totally forgot how sublime a food chicken and dumplings is - now I have to start searching for a recipe!

    I had a laugh about your comment on sweat-dodging. It's been pretty hot here and our school isn't air conditioned (nothing here is - eek!) so on hot days I spend most the the class desperately trying to avoid getting sweated on - ew ew ew!

    Good luck with the headache - almonds and strawberries are the way to go. At least if it doesn't work, it takes like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh I love a fill in that makes me laugh!

    Thanks for playing, hope you enjoy your weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!