Saturday, December 6, 2008

Just a Classic Couple

So the other day, I blogged (here) about taking the Classic Dames Test and finding out I'm Myrna Loy. Well, not Myrna Loy herself – I'm not talking reincarnation or anything. But I'm a Myrna Loy type. Which delighted me no end because she's one of my favorite stars from the classic films of the '30s and '40s. I always loved her in those "Thin Man" movies with William Powell and Asta.

And it just so happens that "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House," the movie she stars in with Cary Grant, has always been a favorite of mine and a favorite of my husband's as well. In fact (and if you're familiar with the movie you'll understand this), that film is probably one of the main reasons we've never thought seriously about building our own house. If you haven't seen it, and you're planning to do any construction soon, I'd recommend renting the movie and watching it first.

Anyway, I thought the Classic Dames Test was so much fun, I roped my hubby into taking the male equivalent, the "Classic Leading Man Test." And we were both amazed (well, I was amazed – he seemed to think it was a perfectly plausible outcome) to find that he's Cary Grant!


His results said:

"You are the epitome of charm and style, the smooth operator who steals the show with your sophisticated wit and quiet confidence. You are able to catch any woman you want just by flashing that disarming smile. When you walk into a room, the women are instantly intrigued and even the men are impressed. When you find yourself in trouble, you are easily able to charm your way out of it, or convince others to help you. You're seen as dashing, suave and romantic. Your co-stars include stylish women who know a class act when they see it. "

Hmmmm. Well, he can be very charming when he sets his mind to it. And he's definitely witty and confident. He does have a disarming smile, and he can even pass for sophisticated when the situation calls for it. I'm not so sure about the "smooth operator" label, or that "dashing, suave and romantic" part. I think that might be pushing things a bit.

But, at any rate, it's obvious we were made for each other – or maybe we were just made for the same classic movies.

Of course, that bit about his co-star being a stylish woman – now that's something I'm really happy to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!