Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Unconscious Mutterings (Week 307)





LunaNiƱa says
:: and I think:

Travel :: Hmmmm. Whenever I think of travel, I always end up wondering the same thing: When the heck are they gonna invent a real transporter like they had on Star Trek?
Expensive :: travel
Backspace :: typewriters (remember them?)
Traffic noise :: travel
Now see here :: Something they were always saying in old TV shows ("Now see here, Gildersleeve!" "Now see here, Mrs. Ricardo!" "Now see here, Dobie!").
Vegetables :: yum
Chat :: a casual conversation or a French kitty cat
Your calling :: Tough one. I used to think my calling was working in the theater – that's the place I really feel at home. But in reality, I suppose my one true calling was working with books – either in a bookstore or a library. Whichever way you look at it, I missed my calling.
Weekly :: Reader (do they still publish that?)
Oh! :: …Susannah!; …say, can you see by the dawn's early light; …. you beautiful doll; …no, it's snowing!; … how I hate to get up in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed all of these. Incidently, grandchildren tell me the Weekly Reader is still around!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!