Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday: Playing Tourist in My Hometown

I've already posted a few photos from our visit to Texas last month. And I'll probably be posting more - I took LOTS of shots! Especially in San Antonio. I never really realized, growing up there, how darn picturesque the place is. These are a few photos of the Spanish Governor's Palace in downtown S.A. It was constructed in the early 18th century (and restored in the 1930s) as the original Commandancia (residence and working office) for the Captain of the Presidio San Antonio de Bejar. The building is now designated as a National Historic Landmark, and just recently reopened to visitors after an extensive rehab.


It's an interesting place to tour, but the courtyard is what really caught my attention - such a lovely, peaceful place to spend some time. And so green, even in the middle of November!


(Click on photos to enlarge.)


Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.
To see many, many more outdoor photos or to post some of your own, please visit her blog.

7 comments:

  1. I love the photos. Just lovely. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,
    Cosy.
    I'd feel safe there, and would love to just sti and stare for a bit. And it is probably warm!!!
    Oh for a bit of warmth right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sit and stare,
    Sorry. I overlook my own typoes, whilst I see others' very clearly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That courtyard looks like a peaceful place to sit and relax! San Antonio is a very pretty town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. I really enjoyed this post. Thanks.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place in which to enjoy a November afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to San Antonio. Looks like a really interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!