Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Outdoor Wednesday: Festival Time in DC


One of the nice things about living where we do is that we can take advantage of all the wonders of Washington DC without the hassle of actually living there. Not that there would be anything wrong with that. But I'm a suburban girl, born and bred, and although I love city life, I don't really think I'd like to try coping with it full time.

Anyhoo -- some of the most enjoyable things about life in our nation's capital are all the various festivals that go on there, especially at this time of year. In fact, the annual Folklife Festival put on by the Smithsonian every summer is happening right now. Haven't visited that one yet, but a month or so ago, the hubby and I were in the District to take in a couple of exhibits at the National Gallery, and chanced upon a celebration going on outdoors, behind the museums. Naturally, we had to investigate and discovered the National Asian Heritage Festival in full swing. It was colorful and noisy and smelled delicious! And, of course, made for a wonderful photo op. Here are a few more glimpses:



(Click on photos to enlarge.)


Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.
To see many, many more outdoor photos or to post some of your own, please visit her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!