Friday, July 5, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Glorious 4th

(Click on photo to enlarge.)

Gotta fly your flag on the 4th of July.  And in Texas you gotta have that Lone Star flag as well.

I always think of Independence Day as the official beginning of summer. Of course, here in central Texas we've been having summer-like temperatures for months already, but now that the fireworks displays are done and all the hotdogs eaten, I can sit back and relax.  Summertime is really here at last.


To see more sky photos, or to post your own sky shots,
please visit:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful capture. Hope you had a wonderful celebration. Happy sky watching.

    My sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photo ~ Happy 4th and Happy Weekend to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo for the 4th of July and Sky Watch Friday!
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That it is but for me that means school starts in a month boo great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! Yep, in Texas you have to fly their flag also. I worked in a natural gas processing plant in the woods north of Houston years ago. If somebody new ran the Texas flag up the pole upside down it would literally take less than five minutes before a passerby motorist would stop and insist we do it right. I loved that.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!