Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Outdoor Wednesday: It's beginning to look a lot like....Autumn?

On FM 1431 outside Austin TX

Here in the Hill Country in central Texas, we don't get a lot of fall color.  Most of the trees in this area are evergreen - live oak and various kinds of cedar.  And the change tends to come later than it does up north, and lingers around longer.  Here in the middle of December, it's just about reached its peak now, and leaves are starting to drift off the trees.  Having spent so many years in Virginia, I have to admit I do miss that riot of color every October.  But I think I really appreciate the changing colors more, now that the whole process is so much more subdued and elusive.

The view from our back garden.

Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by 

http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2013/12/1211-outdoor-wednesday-257.html


1 comment:

  1. Nice atmosphere in the pics. I feel like going for a long drive.
    Happy ODW!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!