Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday 9

Another new meme for me! The Saturday 9 ("Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!") is hosted by Sam Winters. Nine questions posted every Saturday — sometimes random, sometimes with a theme. This week, the theme is Petula Clark's Don't Sleep in the Subway.


  1. Subways can be bright and noisy. Do you need it dark and quiet before you can fall asleep?
    Don't really need it dark; in fact, I don't really like sleeping in a completely dark room — makes me feel like the walls are closing in on me. But I do like it to be relatively quiet.
     
  2. In this song, Petula encourages her lover to talk it out instead of walking out. Do you usually remain reasonable during a disagreement?
    Depends on who I'm disagreeing with, and what we're disagreeing about. When I'm arguing with the Hubby, I can go completely off the deep end if I get really riled. Oh, and don't get me started on Donald Trump!
     
  3. Petula was a child star in England during WWII. Her BBC broadcasts were very popular with the British troops, who nicknamed her The Singing Sweetheart. Soldiers pasted her photo onto their tanks for luck as they went into battle. Do you have any little rituals or good luck charms that calm/comfort you when you're afraid?
    Hmmmm. No good luck charm or rituals that I can think of, even though I'm really pretty superstitious.
     
  4. Now 84, she recently told London's Daily Mail that she's surprised and thrilled to have found love again with a new man. Do you believe you'll ever be too old for romance?
    I certainly hope not. My mother-in-law married for the third time when she was 77 (she and the groom were both widowed), and I thought that was pretty wonderful.
     
  5. Her family is far flung. She lives in London, her middle daughter is in Paris, her son is in Los Angeles and her oldest daughter lives in New York with Petula's two grandchildren. Who is your nearest friend or relative? Which one is farthest away?
    Well, my nearest friend is my Hubby. (Hi, Sweetie.) But I have family and friends all over Texas and the rest of the US. I guess my nearest ones (in terms of location) are a brother-in-law in Austin, a niece in San Antonio, and old friends in the Austin area and Bastrop.
     
  6. In 1967, when this song was popular, Rolling Stone published its first issue. John Lennon was on the cover. Publisher Jann Wenner reports that, either individually or as a group, the members of The Beatles have appeared on the most Rolling Stone covers. What's the first Beatle song that comes to mind?
    Not one that they wrote, but the first one that comes to mind is "Twist and Shout." It has a lot of personal nostalgia attached, for the Hubby and me. By the way, I think I still have my copy of that first Rolling Stone issue. Somewhere.
     
  7. In 1967, Star Trek was in its second season on NBC. Who is your favorite Star Trek character?
    Definitely Mr. Spock.
     
  8. RANDOM QUESTION: When you slip into jeans or slacks, which foot do you put in first?
    Depends on which knee is giving me trouble that day.
     
  9. As you considered #8, did you mime pulling on your pants?
    No. Too lazy to get up.

Well, that was fun. But now I've really gotta stop all this meme-ing, and get my morning workout done!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Saturday 9! Hope to see you often.

    Donald Trump can rile even the most even tempered among us, can't he?

    And I admit, I had to act out pulling on my pants to be sure I started with the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donald Trump seems to ruffle many feathers, mine included. Oy vey. Nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy Saturday 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the OWB. I have excised him from my life.
    Perhaps we all have to think this thing. You know, there just HAS to be a "pony" in this whole weird experience. *tip of the hat to Country Dew*

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!