Friday, April 28, 2017

The Friday 5 for April 28

Ready for this week's Friday 5? The theme this time is Bizarro Chliché. And here we go....
  1. The Magic Word is “please,” but what’s the magic gesture?
    I have no idea — maybe a waving hand? Actually, I kinda hope there is no magic gesture. I might use it without knowing it.
     
  2. “Big D” is Dallas, but where is Big G?
    Hmmm. Well, I guess Big D is called BIG D because it has so many people in it. Can't really think of a "G" city with a huge population. Maybe Guadalajara? In Texas, it would probably be Galveston. Or Garland. Or Grand Prairie. Or Grapevine. Never been to any of those cities except Big D.
     
  3. Elvis Presley is the King of Rock and Roll, but who’s the king of your personal music collection?
    It's been a long time since I actually had a personal music collection. Back when music was on vinyl, we had a huge record collection. But these days, I mostly listen to jazz on Pandora or Sirius Audio, and don't really "collect" it. However, we do have an enormous number of Miles Davis CDs given to us by a friend. So I guess you could say Miles is the King of My Collection.
     
  4. The motherland is wherever you consider your family’s origins, but what’s the cousinland?
    Where your cousins have ended up? Well, most of my cousins are in the San Antonio, Bastrop, and Fort Worth areas, so those must be my cousinlands.
     
  5. CBS calls itself the Tiffany Network, but what would you call the Walmart Network?
    I almost said FOX News. But hey, I like Walmart, so I wouldn't want to insult it by equating it with anything cheesy. I never heard the "Tiffany Network" nickname before.  But I like CBS, too.

🙋

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the problem with nicknames an entity gives itself is that sometimes they don't really catch on and most people never hear of them. :) "Tiffany Network" is a cool nickname, but someone else had to dub them this way if it was ever going to stick. Thanks for participating in this week's Friday 5!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!