What's this all about? All types of questions stolen from every corner of the blogosphere. (Go HERE to find out more.) This week we have The Getting to Know You Questions.
- What is your occupation right now? How long have you been there?
Retired. For several years now.
- Favorite rock band. Ever.
This is really tough. Probably the Rolling Stones.
- What are you listening to right now?
Right now, like right this minute ? No music. The hubby is watching an interview with Manu Ginobili, and I'm sort of half listening to that. But if you mean what do I listen to, in general —mostly jazz and fusion. Not much rock these days.
- Last person you spoke to on the phone. What was it about?
Our dental hygienist. She was calling about a prescription she forgot to call in for the hubby.
- How old are you today? Or make up a question. This one bites.
I'm a Baby Boomer. A leading-edge Baby Boomer. That's as much as you need to know.
- What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Basketball or tennis. I like watching football too, but not as much as I once did.
- What is your favorite drink?
I think I just answered something like this in another Sunday Stealing set of questions. But that's OK. I guess coffee or tea would be my favorite drink. Alcoholic drink would be an icy gin and tonic, or a nice full-bodied red wine. No, wait — maybe a Margarita... rocks, not frozen.
- Have you ever dyed your hair?
Yes. At the moment it's natural, but I've been brunette, blonde and redhead at one time or another.
- Favorite food?
Italian. Just about anything Italian.
- What is the last movie you watched?
"Irrational Man," by Woody Allen (2015). Joaquin Phoenix was excellent, as usual. Unfortunately, the film as a whole was not quite that good.
- Favorite day of the year?
The first day of summer.
- How do you vent anger?
Mostly I just try NOT to get angry. When I do get angry, I have been known to yell and throw things. Not a pretty sight.
- What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had so many toys I loved, it's hard to remember one single favorite. I loved my blue teddy bear —in fact, I've still got him. But I guess my favorites were my Ginny Dolls. Here's a photo I took of one of them back in the day.
- Living arrangements? (Of course your pets count. Geez!)
Just the hubby and me. No kids. No pets at the moment.
- What was the last thing that you cried about?
Honestly can't remember. But it's been quite a while. I don't cry a lot.
- Who is the friend you have had the longest?
Well, probably the Hubby. We've known each other since high school. Haven't really kept in touch with most of the friends of my youth. Hate to admit that, but it's true.
- What did you do last night?
Watched the Woody Allen movie mentioned above.
- What are you most afraid of?
Hmmm. The usual stuff, I guess — terminal illnesses, war, random crime. Being unable to take care of myself. And I've always had a fear of going blind, even though I've never had any major eye problems. Also, since we moved back to Texas, I've developed a real fear of scorpions and hornets. Well, you know, the ones around here are enormous.
- In how many areas of your country have you lived? What's your favorite?
I've lived in the South, the Mid-Atlantic area, and the Midwest. And Texas, which is sort of like living on another planet. I loved Virginia, but just couldn't take those winters.
- What is your favorite flower?
Ah, so nice of you to ask! My favorite flowers have always been yellow roses. But don't send me any — I'm allergic.