What's this all about? All types of questions stolen from every corner of the blogosphere. (Go HERE to find out more.) This week we have The Procrastination Tool Questions.
- What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Taverna Cretekou in Alexandria, Virginia. Haven't been there in several years though, not since just before we moved back to Texas. If you like Greek food or just amazing seafood, it was definitely the place to go. The people-watching was usually great, too. Around here, my favorite is probably Serranos — there are several of these around the Austin area, and they have pretty tasty Tex-Mex fare.
- What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it?
For every meal? Or just once a day? Be more specific. Well, I could eat some form of pasta everyday and never tire of it. And for years I ate peanut butter sandwiches for lunch everyday and loved it. I'd still be doing that except for the fact that I seem to have become mildly allergic to peanuts in my old age. Bummer.
- Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Yes. Several things.
- What is the last heavy item you lifted?
Heavy? Well, there's heavy and there's heavy, you know. I've been having a problem with my right shoulder and arm — pulled a muscle a couple of weeks ago and it's just now getting back to normal. So haven't lifted much of anything lately. I guess the last heavy thing I lifted was the barbell that caused the pulled muscle.
- Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Hmmm. Only by anesthetics. I've fainted a couple of times. But never been punched or bashed or anything like that.
- If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Absolutely not! Get away from me with that crystal ball!!!
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Oh, sweetie — I'm much too old to start thinking about doing anything that majorly traumatic. And anyway, I'm pretty happy with my name just the way it is.
- What’s your goal for the year?
Stay out of the hospital.
- Last person you hugged?
- First place you went this morning?
- Do you always answer your phone?
No. Only if I recognize the number/person calling.
- It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
I don't really text. Yeah, I know — dinosaur. The only people I get text messages from are the Hubs and a few other close relatives. (And if I got a message from one of them at 4am, I'd panic.)
- If you could change your eye color what would it be?
I like my eye color. Sort of dark turquoise / sapphire. Actually, it's one of the few things about me that I wouldn't want to change.
- What’s on your wish list for your birthday?
I don't really have a wish list right now. My birthday is in September, so I haven't started thinking about it yet.
- Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Everything makes me nervous.
- Do you have any saved texts?
Yes. Even though (as I said) I don't do a lot of texting. My phone stores them and I never remember to delete.
- Ever been in a car wreck?
I've been in some minor accidents, but no big crashes.
- Do you have an accent?
Probably. I grew up in central Texas, so I'm sure the twang is detectable. But I've had a lot of voice training over the years, so I can ditch the accent when necessary.
- What was the last song to make you cry?
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" — the hubby played it on piano a lot this past Christmas season. It's one of the songs I used to use in acting classes, as a "sense memory" to make myself cry on demand. I'm tearing up, just thinking about it. Also used to use "Memory" from Cats.
- What did you do last night?
Watched re-runs of Columbo and The Rockford Files on the COZI-TV network. Then an episode of Midsomer Murders on PBS. Also did some blog reading. Not the most thrilling of Saturday nights.
- Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Yes. Not recently, fortunately.
- Current hate right now?
Well, hatred is pretty extreme. I agree with Marian Anderson — you lose a lot of time, hating people. So I try not to hate people. But I do hate cruelty, bigotry, selfishness, and willful ignorance. And there's certainly a lot of all that around lately.
- Met someone who changed your life?
- How did you bring in the New Year?
This year M and I were on our own — stayed home with no parties or guests. We finished putting together a jigsaw puzzle we'd been working on, and watched a couple of DVDs (Christmas movies we hadn't managed to get to before Christmas). And at midnight we went out onto the front porch and had a look at all the distant fireworks displays.
- What song represents you?
That's a toughie. Maybe "Deep in the Heart of Texas"?