Sunday, May 21, 2017

Weekly Ramblings

Some odds and ends from this past week, in no particular order.

🌼 All of a sudden (well, in the last couple of months to be exact) I'm finding it hard or impossible to find a bunch of my long-time favorite products. Don't you hate it when that happens? The manufacturers have either discontinued them or "improved" them or just aren't marketing them right now — pushing new products they want to get going. Can't find the makeup, lip balm, hand soap, hand lotion, body wash, or hair-set gel that I've used for years. They've disappeared from the store shelves, and I can't even find them on Amazon or eBay. I'm very loyal when I find a product I like, and also very picky about some products (especially the ones that go on my body!) — so I tend to buy those same things over and over. Of course I've had favorite products discontinued before, but never so many all at once.

🌼 Been having problems with my shoulder all week. Think I pulled a muscle (or three) when I was working out last weekend. Started my weight training exercises without doing the usual warmup routine, and now I'm paying the price for trying to speed things up. It's my right shoulder, and the soreness makes it very difficult to do anything with my right arm or hand. Unfortunately, I'm very right-handed. It's getting better very slowly, but I'm having to take Ibuprofen for the pain and inflammation — which I don't really like to do.

🌼 Got my hair cut short, in a sort of flapper bob. Hadn't intended to have the hair done this week, but since I can't really hold a blow dryer right now, figured it was better to go have someone else wash and dry it for me. And the shorter length is a lot easier to manage. My selfie technique leaves something to be desired, I know. This shot makes me realize how much I do look like my Aunt Linnie, at times.



🌼 Dropped by the local farmers' market after the haircut. They're only open one afternoon a week, and we've been stopping in for the last few weeks to stock up on "Fredericksburg peaches." The quote marks are because these early peaches are actually grown in Pleasanton, apparently. Well, wherever they come from, they're delish.


🌼 I am having so much fun, following the continuing escapades of our hapless new Chief Exec. Generally, I try to keep politics away from this blog, so I haven't said much about the T.Rump and his minions. And I don't intend to say much now, except that they sure are a hoot to watch. Of course, they'd be even more fun if they weren't so darn scary! But even though I voted for her, I have to admit Hillary definitely would not have been this entertaining.

🌼 The Spurs are not doing well in the playoffs. 😞 Looks like this will not be their year to go all the way. M is very disappointed, but is assuaging his disappointment by playing with his model train display. He has added tiny lights to the platform, and they do look very realistic.


So now his tiny people don't have to stand around in the absolute darkness while waiting to board.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!