Sunday, September 24, 2017

Weekly Ramblings

Some odds and ends from the past week, in no particular order. Actually, from the past couple of weeks.

🌼 Well, M and I are back from the Hawaii trip, and pretty much adjusted to being home again. Honolulu is so gorgeous and I do love going there. But the trip from/to Austin is long and exhausting. Of course, when you get there, you get scenery like this.


... and this.


I'm sure I'll be posting more Hawaii photos in the days to come. I took hundreds!

🌼 I had a birthday! Went out for lunch, to celebrate. Just Olive Garden, but hey! — they're just about my favorite restaurant in this area. The Hubs took a photo to prove I was there (I'm usually the one doing the snapping, and therefore often not in the picture). Next time, must remember to remove the eyewear!

So now I'm over 70! Pretty scary. But Google tells me Susan Sarandon, Sally Field, Diane Keaton, Susan Lucci, and Cher were all born in 1946, too. So I'm in pretty good company.

🌼 I got a birthday card!


It's from my cuzzie MLB, and really perked me up. An actual card sent through the mail is a rarity these days, at least for me. No one I know sends "real" cards anymore, and e-cards are sort of going out of style too, what with the popularity of texting and Facebook and all the other social media sites. My husband's aunt usually sends cards — her birthday is in September, too. But she and her family live in the Houston area, and were a little preoccupied this year. (They were all fine, although they did have some flooding.)

🌼 The weather here has been really nice since we got home from the trip. Lots of sunshine, high temps in the 90s and not much rain, although it's been very humid. In fact, we've had so much moisture in the air, we got a very pretty rainbow the other day even though there was no actual rain anywhere around.


Guess that's it for now. More ramblings next week. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. it is just a number -- don't even think about it and yes, you are in good company. I guess I need to google and see who was born in 1950!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!