Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday #94: One Last Snow Shot

Shadow Shot Sunday is a weekly photo meme hosted by Hey Harriet. To see many, many more shadow shots or to contribute some yourself, head on over to her blog.

OK, this is cheating just a little bit, I suppose. This photo was actually taken last year around this same time. But the image isn't too different from what we've had around here the last week or so. However, we've had a few really nice, sunny, above-freezing days recently. And as of today, the snow has almost completely melted on the grass and sidewalks, and the roads are mostly clear. We still have huge mountains of black, fuzzy snow in many places, but that's also starting to melt now. All of which makes me very happy. Well, maybe not that part about the black fuzzy snow, but the melting bit is a great spirit-booster. And I'm really, really hoping that this will be my very last shot of snow shadows this year.

(Click on image to enlarge.)

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific capture! Really wonderful shadows and, yes, hopefully the last of the snow! We've had a very mild winter this year and I have enjoyed it, but still glad to see spring and sunshine again. Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the trees stand out against the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!