So.... It's been a while since I posted anything here at joysweb. I've been concentrating on my book blog lately. Well, actually, I've mostly just been trying to get through "cedar season" here in the Texas hill country. The allergies have been driving me crazy and the allergy meds keep me slightly comatose a lot of the time.
But I'm awake now (hi, there!), and thought I'd make an appearance before the year gets much further along. And what better way to make a comeback than with some Saturday 9 questions?! So here we go....
by Jennifer Lopez (1999)
1. In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn't have to be as thrilling as hers.)
Hmmm. Can't say I'm really waiting for anything. Except the COVID vaccine, of course. And it looks like I'm likely to be waiting quite a while for that.
2. She sings that she's glad she's beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night?
I think I did. Felt pretty rested this morning. Don't remember having any problems getting to sleep or staying that way. That's not always the case — I've never been a really great sleeper.
3. Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won't include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What's the last adult beverage you enjoyed?
We usually have a little wine with dinner every night, so tonight's glass was my last "adult" beverage. It was a very tasty Shiraz.
4. Ms. Lopez performed "Waiting for Tonight" during last year's Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend?
Most likely. We watch it every year. The hubby isn't as much of a football fan as he used to be, but we do still watch a lot of football. It was more fun to watch back when the Cowboys were actually winning games.
5. Speaking of this weekend, The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his?
I have absolutely no idea who or what The Weeknd (sp?) might be, but I'm willing to give said Weeknd the benefit of the doubt, for now.
6. Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it?
I had avocado toast for lunch today. We eat avocado just about everyday. It's a superfood. Appropriate, I guess, for the Super Bowl.
7. Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared?
Wow, I really can't remember the last time I had chicken. The hubby doesn't eat chicken. So if I had it, it would probably have been in a restaurant. And I haven't been in a restaurant since early March, last year.
8. This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl?
Yes, probably. Some of the Super Bowl ads are pretty entertaining. In fact, in recent years some of them have been more entertaining than the half-time shows — and certainly more memorable.
9. Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naive than you really are, or more sophisticated?
Neither. All that pretending sounds like a lot of work.
Happy Saturday, everyone!