Blue Mondayis hosted weekly by Smiling Sally. To see more offerings, or to participate yourself, please head on over to her blog.
When I was looking around for a subject for Blue Monday, it suddenly occurred to me that I never posted any bluebonnet photos this year. Heavens!!! And we had a really great crop this year, too. Well, it's never too late for bluebonnets, so here we go.
When we went out on our annual looking-for-bluebonnets drive back in April, we found a huge and amazing field of the flowers (plus a few Texas paintbrushes, wine cups, and Indian blankets) just outside Marble Falls.
There really were bluebonnets as far as the eye could see.
It not only looked gorgeous, it smelled absolutely wonderful! With my allergies and asthma getting ready to attack, I couldn't stick around very long. But it really was a beautiful sight.
With all the wet weather we've had this spring, the bug population around here has zoomed. I'm not a real insect enthusiast, but I do like taking photos of some of the more interesting critters, and this caught my eye yesterday. Now I know that technically spiders aren't really "bugs" (and the hubby tells me that daddy long legs aren't like other spiders -- more like ticks), but all these creepy-crawlies seem pretty much the same to me.
At first, I thought "Tarantula!"
We have several of these clumps (or clusters) of daddy long leg spiders (or do you call them granddaddy long legs?) under the eaves of our house. At first, it just looks like one big spider, but as you get closer, you realize it's a bunch of individuals making up a huge clot of thingies (sort of like the Borg in Star Trek).
And every now and then, one spider will make a break for it and go it alone. I'm wondering if it comes back to the bunch after reconnoitering or if it's on its own for good.
Another week, another muttering. Hosted by LunaNiña. Here we go....
1. Windy :: Chicago / Fort Worth / Pampa (that's in the Texas "panhandle," folks -- the wind never stops)
2. Left out :: abandoned / omitted / forgotten (Geez, I'm getting all depressed here.)
3. Hot dog :: the snack bar at the Eastern National Doll Show / Nathan's Famous / the old Der Wienerschnitzel chain in San Antonio back in the '60s
4. Pop :: ... goes the weasel
5. Hunger :: Games (I haven't read the books or seen the movies, but it's in my head just the same.)
6. Square :: Huey Lewis ("hip to be square")
7. Unhinge :: freak out / discombobulate (can you be combobulated?)
8. *!#$ :: bleep!
9. Toenail :: fungus (Those John McEnroe commercials are the worst!)
10. Irritation :: toenail fungus / John McEnroe / hunger / left out / windy
I keep forgetting to mutter. But not this week! Here goes:
1. Shack :: Chicken (Anyone remember the old Chicken Shack on the Drag in Austin, back in the '60s?) 2. Cute :: the hubby (He gets cuter as he gets older. Nice, the way that works out.) 3. Factor :: Max (My favorite makeup was always by Max Factor. Mostly unavailable in the US these days. Bummer.) 4. Beach :: Rehoboth in Delaware (My favorite summer vacation spot.)
5. Toddler :: Run the other way! (Yes, I'm a terrible person -- but toddlers terrify me.) 6. Cups :: of coffee (I'm addicted.) 7. Leaning :: Tower of Pisa (Still hoping to get to Italy someday.) 8. Thailand :: ??? (Still hoping to get there someday, too.) 9. Beanie :: Babies 10. Schools :: out for summer!