Monday, June 17, 2013

Blue Monday: New Planter

Blue Monday is hosted weekly by Smiling Sally.
To see more offerings, or to participate yourself, please head on over to her blog.


Well, it looks like summer is really here, even if not yet officially.  We've had high temps in the mid-90s for several days now, and more heat is predicted this week.  Of course, this IS Central Texas, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  But what does surprise me is how fast this year is ripping by -- can you believe it's the middle of JUNE already? (!!!)

SO... since outdoor weather has been back for a while, we've been getting our front porch in shape for activity (well, when the tarantulas and giant scorpions and hornets the size of sparrows give us a chance to get out there). Bought some new furniture a few weeks ago, and over the weekend I picked up a new (OK -- "previously owned") planter at a Salvation Army store in Austin.  It's going on the corner of the porch, to fill up an empty spot that's been bothering me.

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

Doesn't it have some very nice BLUE flowers?


The problem is going to be finding a plant for it.  It'll be right in the pathway of all the deer that pass our place -- thus, very convenient for munching.  Last year, we had one of these Chinese Fringe Flower plants in that spot, and even though it was supposed to be "deer-proof," the little dears (hee-hee!) completely stripped it of leaves and blooms in just a matter of hours after it appeared.


So at the moment we're looking for something that's decorative and not dangerous, but not too yummy. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I like your planter vase with blue flowers; however, I've no suggestions for filling it.

    I know that Texas was hot, but D.C. is too. I think you made a good move.

    Happy Blue Monday, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vase. I played too. Mine are here and here.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!