Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cold Saturday

Today's snap is the view from my craft room window:

(Click on photo to enlarge)

Sorry about the blurriness -- the window isn't as clean as it might be. Tsk, tsk.

Bleak, isn't it? It's a view of our back patio/garden area, and it looks so sad with all the flowers and plants gone. And even though you can't really tell from this photo (there's a lot of evergreen out there), it's pretty icy this morning. Cold, cold, COLD.

I hate winter. Can you tell? January is typically our coldest month here in the Texas Hill Country, and every year I have a harder time getting through it. Of course, it's nothing compared to the winters we used to struggle through up in Northern Virginia. But I guess somehow when we moved back down here, I was expecting year-round summertime. Don't know why -- when we lived in Austin back in the late '60s/early '70s, we had some of the coldest, nastiest winters I've ever experienced, anywhere. So I should have been better prepared.

And there's more cold, damp weather predicted for the rest of the weekend and into next week. Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the red cedar and mold amping up my allergies and asthma. Bummer.

One question: Why am I not in Key West right now?


Saturday Snapshot is now hosted by Melinda @ West Metro Mommy Reads.
To see more snaps or participate yourself, just head on over to her blog.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely view from your window, even without blooming flowers! We've had a string of gray days here in the Pacific Northwest, and I'm more than ready to see the sun.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why haven't you invited me to go with you? Love what you have done with the garden area. Very nice. Too bad you can't ever really go out there, probably, what with cedar and ice and mosquitos and well.......you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right it doesn't look that cold! I do take your word for it though. And you've got some red flowers still in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty view even in mid-winter. I am surprised you get much crafting done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though it is winter, that is still a lovely view from your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is much better that I think you think it is :). Here in New Zealand, winter doesn't mean snow - it means cold, nasty rain. Lots and lots of rain. Such fun

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!