Monday, September 7, 2015

Blue Monday: Floored


Blue Monday is hosted weekly by Smiling Sally.
To see more offerings, or to participate yourself,
please head on over to her blog.

I'm not really sure how it got to be the second week in September already. That just doesn't seem possible, does it? I think my confusion has something to do with the fact that I spent much of last week helping the Hubby put a vinyl tile floor (and some new shelving) in the garage. Not really my idea of fun, but the new stuff does look better than the stained concrete underneath.

Actually, the tiles themselves weren't hard to install. They just snap together -- sort of like LEGO blocks for adults. We just put them where we wanted them and then tapped them down with our toes. Easy-peasy.


The hard part was emptying everything out of the garage, and then putting it all back. The project took several days, and was completely exhausting.


Oh, and you might ask: where's the blue? Well, the tiles are black and silver, but I was wearing bright blue work gloves the whole time.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    Your garage looks so neat, clean, and organized. Of course, it was all due to those blue gloves!

    Thanks for celebrating Blue Monday's 7th blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the garage. Did know about such tiles. Will try to find them around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! Allen needed something in the garage as well so he went to Tractor Supply and bough horsestall mats. They are very spongy. Your garage looks nice and I am sure it is perfectly organized. The gloves are stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the accomplishment and great garage floor ~ Love the blue gloves!


    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!