Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins #125

Friday again, so soon! And nearly the end of May, too. What's going on here? This spring seems to be zipping right by me. Tempus sure does fugit. It's time for another Friday Fill-Ins, so here goes:

1. Moving is hell. One of these days in the not-too-distant future, the hubby will retire and we will move back to the land of our ancestors. Which will mean lots of packing and planning and clearing out. And tearing of hair and banging of head against wall. I do not anticipate smooth sailing.

2. The best things in life are free. Funny – they're not always the easiest things to get.

3. My best quality is my vast store of wisdom. That and my exquisite taste, of course. And my total honesty.

4. The devil is in the details. Or God. Depending on your point of view, I guess.

5. In nearly 10 years, think of all the chocolate I could eat!

6. More coffee is what I need right now! Can I pour you a cup?

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to possibly having dinner out somewhere, tomorrow my plans include the usual round of errands and shopping and possibly a movie, although that would be unheard of and Sunday, I want to stay in out of the rain that we're supposed to be having, and get some reading done!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with #1--I HATE moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Land of your ancestors? God that makes me feel old -- and very dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B-B--
    I guess I think of it as ancestor land because it feels like we've been living up here in the north country for a couple of centuries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, The one good thing about moving is that it 'forces' me to do some cleaning out --and getting rid of stuff. It's hard though---but once it is done, you'll feel good.

    Where is the land of your ancestors???
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy--
    Hi there! Yes, I'm really sort of looking forward to cutting down on a lot of the junk we've accumulated over the years. But dreading all that work.

    My husband Michael and I are both fifth or sixth generation Texans, born and raised in San Antonio. When he retires in the next year or so, we'll probably be relocating to the Austin area. Although, since one branch of my mother's family originally came from England to Virginia, I sort of feel like I'm home right now!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!