Haven't done any Fill-Ins for a couple of weeks. Actually, I've been neglecting my Joysweb blog quite a bit lately. Shame on me. Real life sneaking in again. This week, all the quotes are supposed to have something to do with spring, but I don't recognize most of them. So I'll have to wing it. And here goes:
1. If we had no winter I'd be happy as a clam. (And just why do we assume clams are happy, I wonder?)
2. Life is a perpetual astonishment. Also – my hubby, this computer, and the fact that a latte now costs over $3 at my favorite coffee place.
3. If I had my life to live over _____. OMG – we really don't want to go there, do we?
4. "In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours." Mark Twain. I always figured he must have been to Texas.
5. If you've never been thrilled to your soul by a flower in bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. Or words to that effect. I don't know who said it originally, but I once read it on a photo caption on Flickr.
6. To be interested in the changing seasons is good. To be able to change them myself would be even better.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching the "Numb3rs" season finale (Amita abducted!), tomorrow my plans include a trip to the library and maybe some grocery shopping and Sunday, I want to watch the Celtics and the Magic in game seven (go, Big Baby!), and also get some reading done!