Monday, May 24, 2010

Blue Monday: Salvation Blues

Blue Monday is hosted weekly by Smiling Sally.
To see more offerings, or to participate yourself,
please head on over to her blog.

I know I'm a little late in getting this posted. Almost forgot about today being Monday. Must be this cold that's making me crazy. Well, crazier.

Over the weekend, I managed to trick M (the sweetie) into heading over to one of my favorite shopping places - the local Salvation Army store. I was looking for vintage table lamps, but there was not a single lamp in the place, vintage or otherwise. I ended up buying a few books and a couple of cups and saucers. But while we were there, I noticed this display of lots of lovely blue glassware and china.


Tempting, isn't it? There was a time when I would not have been able to resist these (back when I had more storage space).


And it was really, really hard to talk myself out of these beauties (below). But the hubby was already outside starting the engine, so I behaved myself and passed them by.

(Click on images to enlarge.)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joy! I have the EXACT same blue glasses shown in your middle picture! I got them years ago with S&H Green stamps; remember those? Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Joy, and I appreciate your restraint! I would have been far too tempted to have passed them by. ;-)

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. No blue glass in my kitchen - yet ;) Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blues , they would have been hard to pass by .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna
    http://daylily777-myenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey girlie, you should click on the place on my post that takes you to the vintage patterns she shared so you can see another one too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Joy... that took some restraint! Another dish 'n glassware "collector?" Kindred spirits! Thanks for visiting my blog... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. They would have been hard to pass up that is for sure. Why do I never find that kind of thing when I go? I would have scooped them up ..well if the price was right :)
    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joy,
    Absolutely gorgeous glassware!!

    Thanks for coming by.

    Blessings and have a great week.

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the glasses on the second picture! I'm glad I wasn't there to be tempted. :D

    My Zodiac Sign

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice -- your Salvation Army store is a lot nicer than our Goodwill Store.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!