Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Window Views...and Doors Too!

For more window and doorway views, visit the website here.

New meme for me. I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks now, checking out the great photos; but this is the first time I've posted anything myself. This shot of the ruins of an old cabin in the woods was taken last summer, at Shenandoah National Park.

(Click on image to enlarge.)

The cabin is part of the Pocosin Mission site, an abandoned Episcopal settlement which also includes the crumbling remains of the church's foundation, and some unmarked gravesites in the well-hidden cemetery. It's an easy hike, less than two miles round-trip; but it's uphill on the way back - not great for arthritic knees and hips (I should know).

3 comments:

  1. What a great choice for a windows and doors meme. And such a contrast to the one I posted today. Too bad about the knees... I love hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such ruins always intrigue me, in part for the smallness of the buildings - to think someone may have lived in such a space.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of old anything
    and I love weathered wood
    this is a great photo
    welcome to Window Views :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!