Monday, May 9, 2011

Blue Monday: Car Buying Blues

Blue Monday is hosted weekly by Smiling Sally.
To see more offerings, or to participate yourself, please head on over to her blog.

I haven't been participating in Blue Monday for a while now. Actually, I haven't been participating in anything much when it comes to blogging, lately. My husband Michael retired a couple of months ago, and since then we've been spending most of our time getting our condo in shape to sell later this year. I had no idea being retired was so much work!

We also recently bought our first SUV - a 2011 Ford Escape. And during the several hours we were sitting around at the dealership, doing all the paper work, I had time to notice all the retro-style gas pumps decorating the showroom. Thought this one would be great for Blue Monday since it was such a nice blue color. But the lighting in the place kept me from really capturing the blue, darn it.


And the car was no help, either - it's gray, not blue. Well, there is some blue on the license plate. And blue sky reflected in the windows and trim. Not enough?


OK, I also took some photos of the handbag I had with me that day, and it has some blue in the fabric (which is called "Night Owl" because of all those cute little owls in the print). OK, not much blue, but some.


Oh, and my glasses have blue tips on the ear pieces, too. Does that count?

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

6 comments:

  1. Gald you were able to join us again for Blue Monday. You found just the right touches for your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've missed you, but I do understand how much time is consumed after retirement. I'm often amazed that I used to do so many things AND work! Now, if I do one thing, I feel like I need a break!

    I love those blues!

    Happy Blue Monday, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bag, love the old retro signs too :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a very interesting -- and unique -- Blue Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the car! How do you like driving it? I wouldn't mind an SUV but we can't get the MIL in one --- she is too short, they are too tall and she would need a step stool what with all her feet/knee/hip problems. Ah, but a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blues!

    Please drop by at my BLUE, when you have time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!