Monday, February 15, 2010

Blue Monday: And the Winter Blues Continue

Blue Monday is hosted weekly by Smiling Sally.
To see more offerings, or to participate yourself,
please head on over to her blog.

Around here, we really do have the winter blues right now. And last week, even the atmosphere was blue. This is a shot my hubby took a few days back, right after the blizzard. It's a photo of the outdoor swimming pool area of our condo complex, and it was taken around twilight which is, I suppose, why everything looked so blue-ish (it's not retouched or anything - this is just what the camera captured). But this is really pretty much how the world looked for a few days there. Fortunately it's sunny right now, so the blues have lifted a bit for the moment. But we've got more snow coming later today, which means it's probably just a matter of hours until those blues come sneaking right back. (Click on image to enlarge.)

11 comments:

  1. Winter can be blue, in more ways than one! We have had it easy this year, but you haven't. May the Son shine in your heart!
    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure has been a rough winter, Joy. I was raised in that area, and I don't remember anything close to this level of snow. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are having lots of winter snow this year as well may your days get brighter

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty. Ok, I know you are really tired of hearing people say "oh but it is pretty" -- I know I am! If I never saw snow again, I don't think I would care. It is usually fun but this time it was downright scary and I didn't enjoy it. I am sorry you are having more. I think we should take survival classes someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is has been a hard winter here, too, because we're simply not used to cold. But your pic is gorgeous, Joy!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful picture...hope things get easier for you soon..Happy Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just went through the most beautiful snow for Texas I have ever seen. Besides being so pretty, it was very destructive as well. Looks like you had more than enough too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is alot snow, I am ready for spring! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blue winter pic !
    Blessings,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're snowy here, too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well--I'm with you, Joy... We have about 8 inches on the ground and it is still snowing. I love it---I really do (since we get so little here), but I can understand how you all could be so sick and tired of it...

    It has been a crazy winter. Spring is coming.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!