Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday Stealing: From The Friday Five



Time for a little Sunday Stealing (hosted by Bev Sykes)  -- questions stolen from all over the blogosphere. This week's list was stolen from Friday Five.

1. Is there a smell that will immediately sicken you?
We have some millipedes around here that give off a terrible odor, as a defense when they're threatened. It is absolutely the worst smell I have ever experienced (and I used to work in Washington DC!). And the really maddening thing is that my husband has never been able to smell it at all.
2. When you want quiet, where do you go?
The bathroom. (Actually, our house is usually pretty quiet.)
3. Do you need/prefer total darkness when you sleep?
I can't really sleep in a totally dark room — I like to be able to see the walls at least a little or I feel like they're closing in on me. Yeah, I'm just a bit claustrophobic.  
4. What is your least favorite taste?
Hmmm. Hard to think of a least favorite. I guess I don't like things that are extremely tart or sour. But then, I do like the taste of limes. And pickles. So....?
5. How heavily do you rely upon your sense of touch?
At first, I was tempted to say "not a lot." But here I am typing on a keypad and using a touch pad on my laptop. So I guess I rely on my sense of touch quite a lot. And as my eyesight gets worse and worse, I'll probably be relying on it even more.
6. Do you mostly prepare your meals at home or do you eat out more?
Mostly at home. We don't eat out nearly as much as we used to. Unfortunately, I'm a terrible cook. But my husband is a pretty good cook and hasn't seemed to mind taking on more kitchen duties over the years. Actually, he probably sees it as self preservation. 
7. Is there a time of day when you are more likely to buy food already prepared?
Like takeout? Probably for dinner more often than lunch. 
8. What is your average weekly grocery bill (for how many people)? What is your total restaurant/fast food bill for an average week?
That's not really something I'd want to post here on the blog, even if I knew the answer. This is probably an alarming thing to admit, but I honestly have no idea what our weekly grocery/restaurant expenditure might be. I'd have to search out receipts or credit card records and do the math. Which I'm not gonna do.
9. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home?
Spaghetti. Not that I love to prepare it, but I do love to eat it.
10. What is your favorite meal to order in a restaurant?
I guess that would depend on the restaurant, and the condition of my digestive system at the time. My favorite meal used to be steak and salad, but I've almost completely stopped eating beef these days.
11. Do you believe in fate?
Not really, although sometimes it seems very plausible. 
12. If Karma was to visit you now, would it be kind or kick you in the butt?
I'm sure I'd get that karmic butt kick.
13. Do you believe you have lived another life previous to this one?
No.
14. What do you believe in with an unshakable resolve?
Gravity.
15. What one factor influences your life the most?
Once again, it's hard to come up with just one factor. Health? Money? Weather? The government? The hubby's mood? I guess today, the one factor doing most of the influencing is our broken garage door — gotta wait around for the repair guy to get here before we can do anything else. So maybe the major influence changes from day to day.

😸

3 comments:

  1. Gravity. Ha! I guess there is a pretty convincing argument for that, isn't there? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gravity. LOL. Yes, that is something that is unshakably present.. no guess work! You have yourself a wonderful week of cooking avoidance, and I’ll do the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How i wish my husband liked to cook. But as he has taken over cleaning the kitchen, I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!