Monday, February 14, 2011

Blue Monday: Blue Blossoms

Blue Monday is hosted weekly by Smiling Sally.
To see more offerings, or to participate yourself,
please head on over to her blog.

For Blue Monday on Valentine's Day, here's a nice blue bouquet for you.


These flowers - in what appears to be part of a candy box - are a bit of Victorian scrap, the kind of snipped images the Victorian ladies loved to paste into their scrapbooks. I've never been much of a scrapbooker, but I do love to collect this kind of paper ephemera. Reminds me of all those handmade childhood valentines I decorated with images I'd cut out of magazines and old books. Valentine's Day was always one of my favorite holidays. And I love it now, too - gotta love any holiday that doesn't require me to do a lot of cooking!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. That was really sweet. Happy Valentine's Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the corsage saved from my first prom, when I was fifteen! If I didn't tell you, you'd never guess that it used to be flowers! Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! happy blue Monday and Valentines day.

    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed my visit with you today. That is a very nice sharing of the blues.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!