Sunday, March 19, 2017

Bluebonnet Blues

Well, here's my obligatory annual bluebonnet post.


Lonely bluebonnet and its shadow.

Every year we have a few bluebonnets come up on our property, and we get very excited. Texans LOVE their bluebonnets. But every year, the deer that roam around the area manage to gobble up every blossom — even though deer aren't supposed to like bluebonnets. Our deer have obviously developed a taste for the plants because they have completely denuded our place of anything remotely resembling a bluebonnet. Even this little beauty (possibly the last one we'll have) is gone now.

But it was lovely while it lasted.

Happy Sunday, everyone! And have a wonderful week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!