1. Seeing family and friends in Texas for the first time in a couple of years (if all goes well); starting to clear out one of our several storage rooms; and getting rid of my summer allergies are some of the things I'm most looking forward to in October.
2. Sometimes I see a reflection in a shop window and wonder who that pathetic old broad is – and then I realize: hey – that’s ME!
3. Right now I’m wearing almost an exact duplicate of the outfit my mother-in-law was wearing the first time I met her over thirty years ago, and that's why there is a saying, “never say never”!
4. When I'm down, I usually pick myself up, dust myself off, and fall right back down again.
5. Most days, although I hate to admit it, right here at the computer is where you'll find me most often.
6. A rainy day is good for absolutely nothing!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to having a nice relaxing evening at home with M., tomorrow my plans include maybe going to the National Book Festival in DC if it doesn’t rain, and Sunday, I want to get all our errands and shopping done early, so I can get some reading done!