Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Makes Me Crazy

Well, maybe I should say it makes me crazier than usual. To wit: I've just done a really stupid thing - I've signed up with Holidailies. And why is that a stupid thing (I hear you ask)? Because Holidailies is "a free community writing project that promotes sharing your writing and other online creative endeavors during the winter holiday season" (that's the description from the website). So you see, I've sort of gone completely out of my mind and agreed to try to update Joysweb on a regular (hopefully daily) basis from now until January 6th! During the holiday season! With all that other stuff going on!

Looney? Wacko? Absolutely freakin' nutcase-level demented? Yes, I'm all those things and more, folks!

OK, the sign-ups end this evening at 11:59PM, in case anyone wants to join me in this weirdness. Although, there's another iteration of the project (Holidailies at Home) with a later sign-up cut-off. So go read all about it.

And since our first entry is supposed to be an introduction and a little taste of our "creative endeavors," here's a little shot of me getting really "creative" with my digital camera, its built-in flash, and a convenient mirror. I call it "Portrait of the Blogging-Artist as a Total Dweeb."



And here's a little more from the Holidailies website: Holidailies is "a free community writing project that promotes sharing your writing and other online creative endeavors during the winter holiday season. Holidailies 2009 participants try to update their personal websites consistently -- perhaps even daily -- from December 7, 2009 to January 6, 2010. As a participant, you can write or post photos/audio/video about whatever you like, although daily prompts are available."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!