Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday: Bear With Me


Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. To see many, many more outdoor photos or to post some of your own, please visit her blog.

Since we're showing both outdoor and indoor decorations this month, I thought it would be OK to put up a photo of these three. Kringle Bear has been with us for twenty-two Christmases now, so he's quite a mature bear. The two smaller critters were Salvation Army bears, so I'm not sure exactly how old they are, but I've had them for more than ten years now. I love the expression on the face of the tiny brown bear - I just had to bring him home. The little white bear is musical, and tends to come out with a jingle now and then when you're least expecting it. These guys will be the last Christmas decorations I put away - when they're all wrapped up and stashed back at the top of the closet, I'll know the holidays are really over for another year. (Click on photo to enlarge.)

8 comments:

  1. I didn't put out any of my creatures -- the cat was already freaked out by the bigger tree and confused by the absence of a village. Next year I will get all my "stuff" together and it will look like a winter wonderland in here -- or the clearance aisle of Target -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your little bears. I have several as well. Thanks for your visit and comment. Note the red on the tip of that rock is also leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...they make me smile!
    A very Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year from our house to your house. Cute title "Bear With Me." It is fun to take out the packed away things.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bears, they remind me of all the Ty beanie bears I have sitting around my house.

    Happy New years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with wind up toys and such? I have a Santa with a music box. It isn't even wound up but every once in a while it lets out a note or two. It is kind of unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just the 'girl' in us Joy... We girls LOVE cuddly critters and bears... Your three little guys are just precious. I'm sure they LOVE being out of their boxes also!!!!! Mine always cry when I put them away for the year.... ha

    Happy New Year, Joy..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bears! I even put bears on my Christmas Tree! All the best for a Happy New Year! Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!