Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday (#82)

This is my first time participating in Shadow Shot Sunday, a weekly photo meme over at Hey Harriet. I've just recently gotten interested in playing with light and dark in my photographs, and haven't done much about it yet. But I'm eager to see what others have done, and maybe get some inspiration.

This little critter visited our balcony back in October. He was obviously lost - we don't have any grass or corn crops growing out there! In the photo it looks like he's missing a leg, doesn't it? Well, the other one was there - just didn't show up in the shot for some reason. I took this with my Canon PowerShot A710IS digital camera. I'm constantly being amazed at what I can do with this little camera - for this one, I wasn't even using the macro setting, just the built-in telephoto feature. Still got a pretty good close-up of the visitor and his shadow. (Click on photo to enlarge.)



10 comments:

  1. Welcome to Shadow Shot Sunday ;-)
    What a nifty capture of this grasshopper to begin with!
    Hugs and blessings,
    My Shadow Shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot considering how nifty they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Said the grasshopper to the shadow welcome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to SSS! I have had a couple of these grasshoppers pop into our patio as well.

    I tried getting a shot but had no luck. Happy to see your photo of one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Shadow Shot -- the most addictive fun in the world! And what a terrific shadow shot! Looks as though he's checking out his/her reflection -- must be a her!!

    Have a great day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Shadow Shot Sunday - but be warned it's addictive - even my husband points out shadows to me!! Excellent photo to get you started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really nice capture of the grasshopper! Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect speciman for 'shadow shot' Joy..... You captured a great picture of him...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love close ups on bugs! That's a great one:D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!