Monday, May 26, 2008

Random Photo Monday: Rebecca and John

For my first Joysweb post, and in honor of her birthday on May 25th, I'm putting up a photo of my great-great-grandparents, Rebecca and John Ross Palmer.

Well, to be totally accurate, May 25th is only one of several possible dates I have for her birth. I really don't know much about her, aside from her death date and that she and John were married in 1866 in Texas.

They had fourteen children, my great-grandmother being number ten. John Ross fought in the Civil War and is buried, with Rebecca beside him, in the Confederate section of City Cemetery #4 in San Antonio.

Earlier Random Photo Monday posts can still be found on my other blog, Joy's Blog. A few samples:
Wedding Day
Siblings in Sepia
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are confusing me! Oh well, I will get adjusted. Hmm..I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but I would have to say that our gggrandpa, JR, was a trend-setter -- he almost looks like he has a mohawk here! and gggrandmama Rebecca really does look like MaMa.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!