Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sad News from Hollywood

One of my favorite film directors is gone – Sydney Pollack died of cancer yesterday. He directed a lot of films (and TV shows) I liked, but four were among my all-time favorites – "The Way We Were," "Three Days of the Condor," "Absence of Malice," and "Out of Africa."

But until I started reading the obituary articles, I didn't realize he was also one of the producers of another film I love, "Blow Dry," from 2001.

Someone once wrote that he made movies for old people. Well, if that means movies that adults can enjoy, then I guess I agree with that. In fact, I'd say what we need is more directors who can make thoughtful and yet entertaining movies for old people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!