Saturday, November 1, 2008

Those Stupid Longhorns

The Texas Longhorns drive me crazy! I’m never watching another UT game! And this time, I really mean that.

OK, I know I said I was looking forward to watching a DVD tonight, but what we really did was spend the evening watching the UT / Texas Tech game. Well, loyal Texas Exes and all that. But I don’t know why M and I do this to ourselves – we get so totally wrapped up in the games and then we’re totally freaked when they lose.

Hmmmm. Perhaps this is all just a mite too vehement, but I was really hoping for an unbeaten season. When I was at UT back in the Mesozoic Era, I wasn’t much of a football fan. But in recent years, what with Vince Young and now Colt McCoy at quarterback, the games have been so exciting they’ve lured me in.

And what a great name McCoy has, doesn’t he? I mean when you name a kid Colt McCoy, he pretty much just has to grow up to be a star quarterback, right? Well, that or a country-western singer.

I have no idea where I’m going with this. Just venting, I guess. I can’t believe those stupid Longhorns lost that game. Even though the Red Raiders were pretty overwhelming.

I’m off UT football from now on. Definitely.

Hook ‘em!

1 comment:

  1. We watched it too and since we dont cheer for either team, it was really a great, exciting, enjoyable game. Especially the end when I finally woke up from my chair to see the last few minutes. But you can't quit watching yet -- the BIG game is still to come on Thanksgiving, hahahah! We plan our whole Thanksgiving around that football game. I am sure it will be painfull though but tradition is tradition! Don't give up watching, I mean, after all, UT has had a very good season!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!