Monday, May 7, 2018

Blue Monday: Blue Skies Smilin' at Me


Haven't done a Blue Monday post in quite a while (can it really be more than a year?), and I'm very happy to see the meme is still around. Many thanks to Magical Mystical Teacher for keeping it going!

We had quite a few cloudy, gloomy days in March and April, but not a whole lot of rain. So the drought in central Texas continues, although not as dire as it was a few years back. Lake Travis is no longer at 100% capacity, but it's full enough for boating and other aquatic activities. I kind of like it when the lake is down a little because it produces a nice beach-like area leading down to the water.


So far, late April and early May have brought mostly nice weather — a little cooler than I'd like, but lots of lovely sunshine and blue skies. The photo below was actually taken on our first "Ozone Alert" day of the year, right at the end of April. Asthma and allergy sufferers (yeah, me) were warned to stay indoors as much as possible. But out here in the hill country, the air was pretty nice. This shot is looking off towards Austin, and you can just barely make out a little bit of smog stuff on the horizon. Otherwise, though, just a lot of blue, blue sky. Which I love.



Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you have a lovely, blue sky (smog-free) week.


Blue Monday is now being hosted by Magical Mystical Teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!