Time for a little Sunday Stealing (hosted by Bev Sykes) -- questions stolen from all over the blogosphere. This week's list was stolen from Steph at Love Me Some Surveys.
1. Would you ever try Fear Factor for one million dollars? Why or why not?
Fear Factor is a TV show, right? One of those contest/reality shows where people do crazy/stupid/dangerous things for money? I've never seen it, but I've seen commercials for it, I think. Not my thing. Not even for a million dollars. Why? Probably just too old.
2. If you use hair spray, what brand do you use the most?
I try not to use a lot of hairspray. But when I do use it, I use Suave Max Hold (No. 8). It's inexpensive and doesn't make my hair sticky or brittle, and the scent doesn't make me gag. Also, I tend to develop eczema patches on my scalp if I use anything too harsh -- the Suave seems to be pretty gentle.
3. Is "Catcher in the Rye" in your library by any chance?
Yes, it is. Both hard cover and paperback versions.
5. What is the best thing about a Barbie doll?
Most of them are relatively inexpensive, so you can have a LOT of them, if you're into collecting or playing with dolls. And some of them are actually very attractive. I just recently bought one of the new Amelia Earhart dolls for my collection.
|No, she didn't come with the airplane. Bummer.|
6. Cherry or peanut ice cream?
7. From one to ten, how big of a movie buff are you?
Probably about a six. We never go out to movies anymore, but I see quite a few on TV, either by streaming or on DVD. I used to be more of a movie buff than I am now, so I've seen pretty much all the classics. But I lost a lot of interest in movies when filmmakers started filling them full of CGI nonsense.
8. Who is a celebrity you think will never get into trouble?
I wouldn't dare make that prediction. Not in today's world.
9. What is a museum you would like to go to?
The Musée d'Orsay in Paris. I'd love to see all those impressionist and post-impressionist paintings. And it would give me an excuse to go back to one of my favorite cities. Also maybe the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago -- I worked there back in 1979-80, and I'd love to see how it's changed.
10. Personally, do you look better with short hair or long hair?
I think I really look better with long-ish hair. But it's a pain to take care of long hair, so I keep it short.
11. What is the first thing you think of when I say ‘Jack’?
12. What do (or did) you call your grandparents?
On my mother's side, they were "MawMaw" and "PawPaw" (but we spelled it MaMa and PaPa). On my father's side, I had a "Granny." My father's father died before I was born.
13. What color do you usually paint your nails?
Lately I've been using a shade called "Shell We Dance?" by Sally Hansen. It's an almost-transparent very pale pinky eggshell color.
14. What would be a cool earring design?
??? I'm probably not the best person to ask about earring design. I'm not very adventurous in that area, and I don't wear much jewelry anyway. I tend always to wear the same couple of pairs of earrings -- one pair is a small gold hoop and the other pair is a tiny round gold ball. I have a gorgeous pair of diamond studs that my husband gave me, but I don't wear them very often.
15. Besides nightmares, what is the scariest thing about sleeping?
Insects crawling on the wall over your bed. And of course, the possibility of not waking up.