Monday, June 2, 2008

Random Photo Monday: Summer Fun

I know it's not quite officially summer yet, but it's looking and feeling that way more and more around here. So in honor of summer coming soon, I'm putting up one of my favorite summer time shots.

This is a photo of my father at about age eleven or twelve, with three of his older sisters. I'm told that the younger girl, down in front, was a neighborhood playmate. Possibly a cousin, since Daddy came from a huge family who mostly all lived in the same part of Texas when he was a boy.

The sisters were my Aunts Ella, Rosie, and (I think) Ader. They're all gone now, but they all lived good, long lives – well into their eighties and nineties. All except my father, the baby of the family, who died of heart failure at thirty-six.

But don't they look like they're having a great time? And while it looks like little Frank is doing his best Elvis impression, the photo was taken circa 1931-1932, so he must have come up with that smirk all on his own.

2 comments:

  1. I love old family photos and this makes me think I'll look up mine - I only have a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know something, I am beginning to look forward to Mondays just to see what pictures you are going to put up!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!