Saturday, June 7, 2008

Star Trek: The Next Generation: "The Big Goodbye"

For the 42 Challenge
(TV Series)
Season 1, Episode #11 (Production Code: 113)
First aired: 1/11/1988; 1 hour
Directed by: Joseph Scanlan; Written by: Tracy Tormé
Stardate: 41997.7

Picard, Dr. Crusher, and Data are placed in great danger when the holodeck malfunctions while they are running a Dixon Hill private detective program, which pits them against 1940s mobsters. This is a very cute send-up of Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett type noir detective fiction. It's very good to see this episode before you see the "First Contact" film because the Dixon Hill scenario figures in the movie's plot. Also of interest - I believe this is the first real use of the holodeck in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!