Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins #133

Not sure how it happened, but the first half of July just zipped right by me. Better start savoring the summer or it'll be gone before I know it. Well, I'll start slowing down right after I get this week's Friday Fill-Ins posted. So here we go:

1. A microwave oven and Trader Joe's frozen foods section make a quick and easy dinner.

2. Sacred Hearts (by Sarah Dunant) is the book I'm reading right now.

3. July brings back memories of _____. OK – ready for this? Two things always come back to me in July. One of them a happy memory and one not so much. First of all, my father died in July when I was ten years old, and I remember that, every year when July rolls around. I know that's morbid and depressing, but there it is. However, July is also the month my cousin MLB was married back in (well, some years ago!) and I was her matron of honor, and she was a beautiful bride, and I've always thought of her as the little sister I never had. So that's a very pleasant and uplifting memory to balance out the bad. Now . . . what was the question, Dr. Freud?

4. I suppose it was obvious that I really couldn't think of anything for this one.

5. They say if you tell your dreams they won't come true. Or is it that they will come true? Guess I need to brush up on my old sayings, huh?

6. When I have a decision to make, I always hope I'll have a lot of time to think it over. It doesn't usually turn out that way, but I always hope.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to possibly finishing up that book I'm reading, tomorrow my plans include doing a little shopping and running a few errands – unless it rains, in which case I'll probably just hang around home and read blogs, and Sunday, I want to get some reading done!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, The rice meal looks good--and as you said, simple!!!! Looks like you are getting alot of reading done this summer.

    Interesting about life. Both birth (and new life together--like marriage) and death are all part of our experiences. I'm just glad that there are usually more birth/new life experiences than there are death ones. When I think of my mother and father (who are both dead), I know that they are with God. That's comforting to me.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 -- Thank you! You have always been the big sister I never had but, you know, we have always had each other and I never felt like I was missing out on a sibling. Thank you for always being here for me.

    On the July wedding -- thank you for the compliment but I was never so miserable in all my life -- long sleeved dress, Texas, broken A/C, holiday weekend, no glasses so I couldn't see -- do over? You, ML, AW and I would just elope!

    I think of your dad, too. I remember that day well. I was seven and all I could think to do was give you aspirin. Well, I tried.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!