Not sure how it happened, but the first half of July just zipped right by me. Better start savoring the summer or it'll be gone before I know it. Well, I'll start slowing down right after I get this week's Friday Fill-Ins posted. So here we go:
1. A microwave oven and Trader Joe's frozen foods section make a quick and easy dinner.
2. Sacred Hearts (by Sarah Dunant) is the book I'm reading right now.
3. July brings back memories of _____. OK – ready for this? Two things always come back to me in July. One of them a happy memory and one not so much. First of all, my father died in July when I was ten years old, and I remember that, every year when July rolls around. I know that's morbid and depressing, but there it is. However, July is also the month my cousin MLB was married back in (well, some years ago!) and I was her matron of honor, and she was a beautiful bride, and I've always thought of her as the little sister I never had. So that's a very pleasant and uplifting memory to balance out the bad. Now . . . what was the question, Dr. Freud?
4. I suppose it was obvious that I really couldn't think of anything for this one.
5. They say if you tell your dreams they won't come true. Or is it that they will come true? Guess I need to brush up on my old sayings, huh?
6. When I have a decision to make, I always hope I'll have a lot of time to think it over. It doesn't usually turn out that way, but I always hope.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to possibly finishing up that book I'm reading, tomorrow my plans include doing a little shopping and running a few errands – unless it rains, in which case I'll probably just hang around home and read blogs, and Sunday, I want to get some reading done!