Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday: Old Tennis Court

Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. To see many, many more outdoor photos or to post some of your own, please visit her blog.

On our way to get our flu shots last week, M and I happened to notice an old ruin of a brick wall and gateway to something. Had my camera with me, so I decided to explore. It turned out to be an abandoned tennis court, probably connected with what appeared to be a construction site on down the drive. We didn't go any further, but it looked like there might be an old house back there somewhere, and I guess someone is getting ready to rebuild. Hope they resurrect the tennis court, too. But for now, the ruins are very picturesque. (Click on the photos to enlarge.)
Can't really see the tennis court from the road.

Just barely visible as we sneak up on it.

Peeking through the fence.

The abandoned tennis court, overgrown with weeds and wild flowers.

And from a little further away. "Love" among the ruins?

7 comments:

  1. Love among the ruins if you don't have to pay the bill to restore the Court :-). I loved your photos. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos! I would have explored as well! Thanks for stopping by I love your blog so I think I will stick around for awhile.
    Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious like that when I see gates at an entrance but can't see down the drive. I'm happy that you explored a little further.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy,

    Thanks for the visit! I loved the great ruins... and the fact that you peered in through the gate. (LOL) Nice post and great pics.

    xoxoxox
    Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm Joy... Made me wonder who owned/owns that property... At one time, I'll bet that was a busy, vibrant place. I hope someone will take it and renovate it. Keep checking it out for us!!!!

    Thanks..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gate -- very Olmos Parkish in a way. Looks like a great place for a mystery! You should write one....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!