Monday, June 15, 2020

Ah, Nature!



Apparently June 15th is National Nature Photography Day. So here's a little bit of the nature around our place lately. Our cactus plants started blooming early this year, and kept producing flowers right up until the last week or so. I think we've probably seen the last blooms for this season, but they were a welcome sight while they lasted. The bees and wasps and other buzzy creatures certainly enjoyed them!

. . . . . .

More about today, from the NANPA website:   "Each year, June 15 is designated by the North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) to promote the enjoyment of nature photography, and to explain how images are used to advance the cause of conservation and protect plants, wildlife, and landscapes both locally and globally.
....
NANPA encourages people everywhere to enjoy the day by using a camera to explore the natural world. A backyard, park, or other place close by can be just right. "
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!