Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday 5 for May 19: Malfunction Junction

...Time for another Friday 5. This week the theme is Malfunction Junction, all about things going wrong.
  1. When have you had a wardrobe malfunction?
    I am female and over 65. I have had many, many (many, many, many, MANY) wardrobe malfunctions down through the ages. In real life, and on stage (I used to do a bit of amateur theater stuff). Once I lost an item of underwear during a big scene in a school production. (Yeah, I know — one of those theater myths, but it does happen sometimes.) I was not center stage, and was able to step over said item, kick it under a sofa, and go on with the show. No one laughed, so I'm assuming no one noticed. If you were there, and did notice, please don't tell me about it.
    ......
  2. When did you last have a problem with your alarm clock?
    I have a problem with my alarm clock everyday — the darn thing keeps going off right on time! Seriously, I can't remember any problems. Both M and I are pretty OCD-ish, and if we really need to wake up at a certain time for any reason, we usually have more than one alarm set. Also, M has a weird built-in alarm system and hardly ever oversleeps.
    ......
  3. What was most recent computer problem, and what was the fix?
    We recently bought a new iMac. The old one had started behaving oddly and some things just didn't work on it anymore. So I guess the problem was obsolescence and the "fix" was BUY NEW.
    ......
  4. What’s something about cars you know specifically because you had to have one repaired?
    OK, I don't know anything "specifically" about cars. Well, not really true — I know how to get in, adjust the seat and mirrors, turn the key in the little key slot, and get on the road. But repairs? Hmmm. The car we have right now is pretty dependable and the only repair work it's required has been caused by other drivers running into us. But some cars we've had in the past have needed a lot more work to keep them going. When we were young marrieds, several eons ago, we had an MG Midget which M worked on all the time. All. The. Time.


    But he seemed to enjoy that. And it was such a cute car, and so much fun to drive and ride around in (and we were young and stupid), we were able to ignore all the trouble. Well, until I had to start helping with the repair work. After I spent several evenings assisting in a brake job that just wouldn't take, the cute car got traded in pretty fast. (Hello, Plymouth Volare!) Not sure if I learned anything specifically about cars from that, though. Maybe just that I wasn't meant to be a mechanic.
    ......
  5. Have you had any brain malfunctions this week?
    Hmmm. No more than usual, I guess. Had a dental appointment that I remembered to go to. That's encouraging, right? I've had some physical malfunctions this week, but the brain still seems to be working OK. Thanks for asking.


🙋


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!