If you're not familiar with the song, you can listen to it HERE.
I don't remember ever hearing this song before, even though I've always been a fan of Elton's. And apparently it was a big hit. It's very disco, isn't it? Well, anyway — here we go....
- This week's artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters -- one of France's highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What's the most recent compliment you received?
Hmmm. That's a toughie. Well, just today the hubby told me he liked my haircut. I told him I liked his, too.
- In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
Nope. Had it removed 25 years ago. I had to have a hysterectomy, and the doc said the appendix might as well go too. I haven't missed it.
- In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia?
Uh. Maybe. Definitely not in winter, of course. But things are a little iffy between the US and Russia right now, aren't they? Return of the Cold War and all that. I'd probably wait and see what the next few months bring in that area.
- Elton and his mother hadn't spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their breach in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know?
Lately, I feel like I'm the oldest person in the world. But my hubs is older than I am, so I guess I'm not really the oldest. But that's not answering the question. The oldest person I know personally would be hard to figure out. I know a LOT of old people. We live in a community that has a lot of retired people. I have many older relatives, and so does M. The one that comes to mind is an uncle-in-law who's 86.
- Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
Our yard is lovely — it's as green and blooming as it's possible to be in this part of Texas at this time of year. M has been working on it constantly for the last few weeks. (He's out there working on it right now.) Fortunately, he loves working in the yard and gardening (or so he says). If it were left up to me, it would definitely not look this good. I would probably let it go wild.
- Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?
Well, oddly enough, the 86-year-old uncle-in-law. He had a birthday in March. I don't send as many cards as I used to. Not printed cards, anyway. These days, a lot of my greetings go via Facebook or email. Not really happy about that. I love sending/receiving "real" cards.
- Sam's mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize.
I'm not really good at economizing. But I do try to buy in bulk, when possible. Hello, Costco!
- Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty?
At the moment, my dishwasher is running and there are no dirty dishes in my sink. However, I usually do pile the dishes in the sink during the day and then load them into the dishwasher in the evening, after dinner. I know that would probably disqualify me for the Model Housewife Award, but I don't like having to rearrange the dishes once they're loaded.
- RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on -- twin, full, queen or king?