Monday, May 1, 2017

Sunday Stealing: The Unknown Author Questions

This is a new meme for me — Sunday Stealing. Just discovered it over the weekend. I'm not linking up because I'm very late getting it posted (maybe next week). But it looked like fun, so here we go....
  1. if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
    Read... My blogs, naturally. But I've got several, and they go back years.
    Watch... Seinfeld
    Listen to... Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Townes Van Zandt, John Prine, Elvis, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Sade, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, John Klemmer, George Benson, Frank Sinatra... I have pretty eclectic tastes in music
     
  2. have you ever found a blogger who thinks just like you? if so, who?
    Well, I'm pretty sure no one thinks just like me. Not even M, who's as close to me as it's possible to get. Wait, is this a trick question?
     
  3. list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
    OK, I actually had to go google fandom to be sure I knew what we're talking about here. But I guess my primary "fandoms" and characters (at least the ones I can come up right now) would be...
    TV --
    Star Trek - Mr. Spock
    Star Trek Next Gen - Lwaxana Troi
    Doctor Who - I don't really identify with any of the characters, but my favorite Doctor was Tom Baker, and my favorite companion was Sarah Jane Smith
    Seinfeld - love all the characters
    The X-Files - love Mulder and Scully, but my real faves were the Lone Gunmen
    Big Bang Theory - Amy Farah Fowler
    Grace and Frankie - wanna-be Grace, but really more like Frankie
    Movies --
    The Back to the Future trilogy - favorite character is Doc Brown
    Books --
    The Mrs Malory novels by Hazel Holt - Sheila Malory
    Comics (never got into the Super Heroes, but once read lots of Disney, Looney Tunes, and other "funny" books) --
    Little Lulu - identified with Lulu, naturally
     
  4. do you like your name? is there another name you think would fit you better?
    Yeah, I'm OK with it. Now. Didn't like it much when I was much younger. It's a hard name for many Texans to pronounce, and sometimes ends up sounding like "Joey" or "Jaw-y." Or even more often, just Joyce. Used to drive me crazy. As a child, I always wanted to be called Laura or Brenda or Lorraine or Michelle. Which is a little weird, since I grew up to marry a boy named Michael whose mother was named Lorraine.
     
  5. do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you identify yourself by the things you do?
    Human being. But then, these days I don't really do much of anything.
     
  6. are you religious/spiritual?
    Not at all religious. Don't know about spiritual — I'm never actually entirely sure of what people mean when they say something/someone is spiritual.
     
  7. do you care about your ethnicity?
    Um. Dangerous question. I don't know that I really care about it, but it does interest me. I think most humans are interested in where/what they come from.
     
  8. what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
    Well, I've lived amongst musical artists most of my adult life, so I feel connected to quite a few. Most of them non-professionals, though. I guess the closest would be my hubby who is a very talented musician.
     
  9. are you an artist?
    From time to time.
     
  10. do you have a creed?
    Live and let live. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And (as Ellen always says) be kind to one another.
     
  11. describe your ideal day.
    Spending time with M. Lots of sunshine, no rain. No doctor or dentist appointments. No emergencies. Hours and hours of doing not much of anything, with my favorite guy.
     
  12. dog person or cat person?
    Both. But I live with a cat-loving guy who really doesn't like dogs. So....
     
  13. inside or outdoors?
    I love the outdoors, but it doesn't love me. Asthma. Lots of allergies. So I don't spend a lot of time outside. But I can sit and watch it out the window for HOURS at a time.
     
  14. are you a musician?
    No. And I regret that.
     
  15. five most influential books over your lifetime.
    Hmmm. I could come up with favorites. But influential? That would be hard, and the list would probably be different if you asked me tomorrow. Maybe:
    Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain
    Be Here Now, by Ram Dass
    An Actor Prepares, by Konstantin Stanislavski
    1984, by George Orwell
    The Diary of Anne Frank
     
  16. if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
    No, not exactly the same.
     
  17. would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
    I do have a tumblr account, but I've never done anything with it. So it doesn't really represent much of anything.
     
  18. what’s your patron-us?
    I have no idea what that is.
     
  19. which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
    Another hard question. I've only read the first HP book, and have only seen a few of the movies. I have a feeling I'm a definite muggle.
     
  20. would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
    Wonderland.
     
  21. do you love easily?
    Easily? No. But I'm loyal.
     
  22. list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
    • Playing with my computer, blogging, 'net surfing, etc.
    • Watching TV
    • Reading
    • Doing housekeeping-type stuff
    • Shopping
     
  23. how often would you want to see your family every year?
    Another trick question.
     
  24. have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
    Yes.
     
  25. could you live as a hermit?
    No. Well, maybe if the internet connection was fast enough.
     
  26. how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
    I'm too old to even understand this question.
     
  27. do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
    Yes. Which is sort of disturbing.
     
  28. on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
    I'm think I'm pretty even-tempered. But I dislike stupidity, and people who do bad things to other people or to animals. Cruelty and ignorance can piss me off very quickly. (I also don't like rating things.)
     
  29. three songs that you connect with right now.
    Not really "connecting" with anything at the moment. I've been humming "April in Paris" today because M has been playing it on the piano lately.
     
  30. pick one of your favorite quotes.
    "Don't look back. You're not going that way."


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fun meme but I am like you -- some of this I don't understand!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!