The Saturday 9 is hosted by Sam Winters. Nine questions posted every Saturday — sometimes random, sometimes with a theme. This week, the theme is...
"C" Is For Cookie, by Cookie Monster
If you're not familiar with the song, you can listen to it HERE.
This is another song I wasn't familiar with, so I had to go check it out on YouTube.
I've always liked Cookie Monster, though.
And I always like baking cookies, too — although I haven't done any cookie baking in quite a while.
I used to know a girl named Cookie, too.
And I've even been referred to as "one tough cookie."
So I'm ready for any and all cookie-related questions.
1. This week's featured artist, Cookie Monster says his favorite TV show is Monsterpiece Theater. What show do you try never to miss?
Well, aside from the evening news, right now I'm not really watching any shows on a regular basis. The last show we watched that I absolutely would not miss was Mad Men, and that's been over for a while now. Do sports shows count? I faithfully watched every Spurs game this season.
2. Though he goes by Cookie Monster professionally, he is still called Sid by his family. When will you next get together with your relatives?
I have no idea. None of our relatives live right near us, so it takes a fair amount of planning for any get togethers. We just visited with some of M's family earlier this week, though.
3. Now for the cookie questions! Where do you weigh in on this age-old controversy: Is a brownie a cookie or a cake?
A brownie is a brownie is a brownie. Would not a brownie by any other name still taste as delicious? I'm rambling here. Ya got me thinking about brownies. I don't know about cake or cookie, I just want one right now!
4. Fig Newtons contain no cholesterol. Do you read nutrition labels before eating snacks? Or does knowing the truth about your favorite sweets ruin your enjoyment?
I usually do read all the nutrition information, but I still indulge in some things that I know aren't really good for me. Having reached this advanced age, I feel like I deserve a treat now and then. Maybe NOW, actually.
5. Biscotti are designed for dipping into drinks. Do you like to dunk your cookies?
I do like to dunk. Some cookies are better for dunking than others. Like biscotti. And Oreos.
6. Do you prefer cookies made with milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips? Or are you a rebel who prefers butterscotch chips?
All of the above. Never met a chip I didn't like — chocolate, butterscotch, potato, or corn.
7. Bill Murray once said, "Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues." Do you like raisin cookies?
Interesting. I feel sort of the same way about gluten-free cookies — they look like cookies, but they're not. I do like raisin cookies. I like raisins in general. I also like Bill Murray.
8. Nabisco still sells animal-shaped cookies in a red box that looks like a train car labeled, "Barnum's Animals." However Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus gave their last-ever performance on May 21, 2017. Have you ever been to the circus?
I went to the circus when I was a child. I think maybe a couple of times. I liked the circus. I wanted to join the circus. Wanted to be one of those flying trapeze people. I was quite nimble as a kiddo. After I grew up, and realized how cruelly some of the animals in the circus are treated, I sort of lost interest in circus-going. I'd still like to do that flying trapeze thing, though.
9. Have you ever received a memorable fortune in a fortune cookie?
I guess not, since I don't remember any.
Happy Saturday, everyone! And have a great weekend.
For more Saturday 9 Q&A, just click on this button: