Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins #107

Well, January is half over - does that seem impossible, or what? Hope everybody is managing to keep warm, here in the middle of this cold, cold winter. Brrrrr! I'm making myself shiver. Better just get to it - time for another Friday Fill-Ins, so here goes:

1. Enough with the cold weather, already – where's spring?

2. The thought of my hubby's retirement causes me to be conflicted. (The nice thing is – he'll be home all the time. The bad thing is – he'll be home all the time. Just kidding, sweetie.)

3. I've been craving shrimp and crab and clams and mussels – I think all those Red Lobster TV commercials are doing their job much too well.

4. Looking through my high school yearbook makes me laugh. (And cringe!)

5. I wish I could go to Paris next week. Hmmm. I wish I could go to Paris right now.

6. _____ has been on my mind lately. (See answer to #1 above.)

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to ordering Chinese food and maybe watching one of the Netflix DVDs we've got (probably "Solaris" – I'm in the mood for a little sci-fi), tomorrow my plans include trying to get out and do some shopping if it's not too frigid out there and Sunday, I want to do a little cleaning around the place, and get some reading done!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Joy... George and I love retirement but it's not for everyone. I think people HAVE to have hobbies and things that they love to do..

    Some men who have worked their entire lives don't know what to do in retirement. My Daddy was a good example of that. If your hubby doesn't enjoy it (and if you don't enjoy having him home), encourage him to do some volunteer work somewhere.. OR--he can be a Walmart Greeter!!! ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!