Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #103

It's beginning to look (and sound) a lot like Christmas around here. Can't really believe it's just a week away now. And this week's Fill-Ins are very appropriate, aren't they? So here goes:
  1. Said the night wind to the little lamb, do you hear what I hear?
    Yes, yes, I hear it, I hear it! This is one of those Christmas songs that I really love the first time I hear it every year. But after being subjected to it over and over and over in every department store, elevator, supermarket, and restaurant I enter – I'm ready to roast that little lamb and serve him up with some nice mint jelly.

  2. The first Noel, the angel did say, was to certain poor shepherds . . . . As opposed to the wealthy shepherds, I guess.

  3. Go tell it on the mountain, Over the hills and everywhere.
    This one always reminds me of Peter, Paul and Mary – don't know if they ever recorded it, but I hear them singing it in my head.

  4. It came upon the midnight clear, that glorious song of old.
    One of my favorite carols. Always used to sing it in Sunday School a lot.

  5. Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Let your heart be light.
    Ah, Judy Garland. This is another one of my favorites, but it always sounds so sad.

  6. And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing right within your heart.
    Seems to be a popular ringtone for cell phones this time of year. Used to see Perry Como singing this every year on those Christmas TV specials.

  7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening at home – probably watching another Christmas movie, tomorrow my plans include getting out and about for the first time since I twisted my knee a couple of weeks ago and Sunday, I want to be able to walk without a cane, and get some reading done!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you twisted your knee, glad you're on the mend!
    I'm hoping to catch some Christmas specials this weekend while I try and relax a bit.
    Great answers, Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat meme, Mary... I love all of the Christmas music also--but it does get annoying when you hear it in all stores beginning about Halloween. ha ha..

    Sorry to hear you twisted your knee. Be CAREFUL--so that you won't injure it again.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of Peter, Paul and Mary until you mentioned it. I don't know if they recorded this but it does fit.
    Be careful with that knee and that's for the great fill-ins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - Love your answer to #1


    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your knee. Please be careful out and about tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Joysweb! And thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors. I do usually moderate comments on posts that are more than a few days old, and comments with suspicious links will not be approved.

Also, please note that while I appreciate blog awards, I never play award tag games. I think you all deserve awards!