- Said the night wind to the little lamb, do you hear what I hear?
Yes, yes, I hear it, I hear it! This is one of those Christmas songs that I really love the first time I hear it every year. But after being subjected to it over and over and over in every department store, elevator, supermarket, and restaurant I enter – I'm ready to roast that little lamb and serve him up with some nice mint jelly.
- The first Noel, the angel did say, was to certain poor shepherds . . . . As opposed to the wealthy shepherds, I guess.
- Go tell it on the mountain, Over the hills and everywhere.
This one always reminds me of Peter, Paul and Mary – don't know if they ever recorded it, but I hear them singing it in my head.
- It came upon the midnight clear, that glorious song of old.
One of my favorite carols. Always used to sing it in Sunday School a lot.
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Let your heart be light.
Ah, Judy Garland. This is another one of my favorites, but it always sounds so sad.
- And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing right within your heart.
Seems to be a popular ringtone for cell phones this time of year. Used to see Perry Como singing this every year on those Christmas TV specials.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening at home – probably watching another Christmas movie, tomorrow my plans include getting out and about for the first time since I twisted my knee a couple of weeks ago and Sunday, I want to be able to walk without a cane, and get some reading done!
Merry Christmas, everyone!